License status and conditions
Star Mortgage operates as a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) under a license issued by the Financial Markets Authority in the name of Star Mortgage Limited (FSP719091).
There are no conditions attached to this license on the financial advice that may be given.
Nature and scope of financial advice service
Star Mortgage provides, through our Financial Advisers, financial advice to our clients about:
• Residential Home Loans
• Commercial Loans
• Construction Loans
• Development loans
• Asset Finance
• Business Loan
Our Financial Advisers only provide financial advice about products from certain product providers. These product providers are set out as below:
Bank of China
Southern Cross Partners
First Mortgage Trust
Fees and expenses, or other amounts payable
Generally, we do not charge you any fee for the advice and transactional solutions that we provide to you. This is possible because we usually receive commission from the applicable product provider as described above.
You may be charged a one-off fee in the following situations:
• No Commission: if you request services in relation to a product or service and the we do not receive a commission. Any such fee would be agreed and authorised by you in writing before the services were completed, and would be based on an estimate of the time spent providing the advice.
• Repayment of commission: If a product or service provider requires that commission is repaid within 27 months (clawback period) of you taking out the product. The fee charged will not exceed the amount of commission clawed back from the product provider.
Whether a fee will be charged, the manner in which it will be charged and the date by which the fee will be payable will be advised when the financial advice service is provided to the client.
Conflicts of Interest and commissions or other incentives
Our adviser’s services are only paid for by Star Mortgage. The financial advisers do not receive payments from other organizations that might influence their advice.
If there are any conflicts of interest, apart from commission, that could potentially influence the financial advice that we give, these will be advised before providing any advice.
How to make a complaint?
If you have a complaint about our services, you need to tell us about it. You can contact our internal complaints service by phoning or emailing the director Paul Yang at 021384873, and email address is email@example.com with the heading Complaint – (Adviser’s name).
Please set out the nature of your complaint, and the resolution you are seeking. We aim to acknowledge receipt of this within 24 hours. We will then record your complaint in our Complaints Register and investigate your complaint. We may want to meet with you to better understand your issues.
We will then investigate your complaint and provide a response to you within 7 working days of receiving your complaint. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we’ll let you know.
If we cannot agree on a resolution you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution service. This service is independent and will cost you nothing and will assist us to resolve things with you.
Details of this service are:
Financial Service Complaints Limited
Phone: 0800 347 257
Our financial advisers are bound by the following duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 to:
• meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code of Conduct), which form part of the wider regulatory regime for financial advice and ensure we have the expertise necessary to provide you with advice; and
• give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the advice given to you is not materially influenced by our own interests or the interests of any other person connected with the giving of advice; and
• exercise care, diligence, and skill that a prudent person engaged in the occupation of giving related financial advice would in the same circumstances; and
• meet the standards of ethical behavior, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct, to treat you as we should and to provide you with suitable advice.